About Me

The adventures of Christian Toronto, a full-time missionary serving in the Rome Italy Mission (Dec 2016-Dec 2018). Christian grew up in Minnesota, then moved to Colorado right before his senior year in high school. He is the third of seven children. He was attending Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah prior to his missionary call. Christian's older brother Simeon completed his mission in Rome, Italy a day before Christian left for his so they literally swapped places. We call them our Roman soldiers for Christ. In his free time, Christian loves basketball, tennis, american history and politics, and music.

Monday, August 20, 2018

Inspire Me!



Mamma e Papà,

I suppose asking your forgiveness is a poor way to start an email, but I just lack so much desire to write about the common goings on. There have been few weeks of my mission in which I've worked harder, than in this last week. I loved it, and this week I'll do the same, with pleasure. It's been a lot of fun cruising up and down Bari's streets, ringing citofoni, stopping my Italian brothers and sisters, though it's been less fun as none of them want to "come and see." There's someone out there for us, I'm sure of it, and we're going to go find them!

Dad, I thought about your questions, and I noticed connections to Bruce R. McConkie's my missionary commission. Looking to apply the principles in my missionary work and thereafter!

Mom, loved your talk. I don't think it's a coincidence that you cited Elder Jeffery R. Holland's "For Times of Trouble," just hours after I cited the exact same quote in a talk on the Gospel of Jesus Christ here in Bari. That is my least favorite Satanic suckerpunch, and I love knowing I can change, and can do it quickly.

I need inspiration my friends! I know you've noticed the decline of my emails, and although I desire to give you good news and updates, I just don't have much to write about besides my studies, finding, and missionary life in general. Pray that I get sent to train in a couple of weeks, that my emails might have substance.

I love both of you, and wish I could give you better, and the moment I find people to teach, things will get better!

Inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment