About Me

The adventures of Christian Toronto, a full-time missionary serving in the Rome Italy Mission (Dec 2016-Dec 2018). Christian grew up in Minnesota, then moved to Colorado right before his senior year in high school. He is the third of seven children. He was attending Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah prior to his missionary call. Christian's older brother Simeon completed his mission in Rome, Italy a day before Christian left for his so they literally swapped places. We call them our Roman soldiers for Christ. In his free time, Christian loves basketball, tennis, american history and politics, and music.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Live from a Napoli Hospital✌️


(I know what you're thinking Mom, don't worry it's nothing serious)

This morning I grabbed a bus to Napoli to pick up my Permesso di Soggiorno, (basically my Italian visa), and have been running around since. 

I don't remember whether I wrote about it or not, but about a month or two ago I got a "surgery" on a bad ingrown toenail that I had been dealing with since February. The surgery involved the Italian doctor whipping out a pair of scissors and cutting into the area, without anesthesia, without warning. Love socialized medicine! As a result of the procedure, the area got a pretty little infection, and so, while back in Napoli, they sent me to get it looked at by the same doctor. Did I mention how much I love socialized medicine. I've now been waiting for the doctor for what seems like forever, so we'll see if I ever get it taken care of. 

As far as the week goes, had some awesome experiences, including my favorite scambio yet with Anziano Osmond! What a joy it was being back with him for a day, and getting to reminisce, find, teach, and pick things up right where we had left off! Love that Anziano! 

Highlights other than this were enjoying a Napoli pizza with Anziano Christensen, another ex-MTC comp, diciamo, and now we've been adventuring across Napoli from the questura to via Toledo, and the hospital! 

Don't have much else to add, except my love for each of you! All the best from Nap-town!

Anziano Toronto II 🇮🇹



No comments:

Post a Comment