About Me

The adventures of Christian Toronto, a full-time missionary serving in the Rome Italy Mission (Dec 2016-Dec 2018). Christian grew up in Minnesota, then moved to Colorado right before his senior year in high school. He is the third of seven children. He was attending Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah prior to his missionary call. Christian's older brother Simeon completed his mission in Rome, Italy a day before Christian left for his so they literally swapped places. We call them our Roman soldiers for Christ. In his free time, Christian loves basketball, tennis, american history and politics, and music.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Never Shift Your Eyes from the Peak

Anziano Toronto wrote this impromptu poem for this week's letter after hearing his family hiked 2 "14ers" this week (Colorado mountains that are more than 14,000 feet high).  

I used up all of my creativity and writing prowess last week, so this is just gonna have to do!

Outta precious 0-2
My face starts turnin blue,
Legs are cryin out,
Gotta pebble in my shoe...

Fino alla fine,
Can I really make it THAT far?
Summit seems so outta reach
What if I just lower the bar!

Wait, nah
I know i can't slow down,
My fam, my friends, my squad,
Counting on me to take my struggle without a sound...

Your mountain,
Call it Torrey, Democrat or Grey,
Pales in comparison to His,
And yet He seems to say,

Let me take your pack, your cares,
All your trouble too,
I'll lift your burdens up,
and do all you'll let me do...

When climbing to that mountain top,
Don't carry unnecessary weight,
Leave that pack behind, with Him,
Step up. Take your place!

So what your serve can't find the box (@Zito)!
So what you made mistakes!
There's only one Roger Federer in this world,
And none can take His place.

Trust in his redeeming grace,
And lift another soul,
I've learned that only in service can we,
Truly be fulfilled.

Sometimes you'll need to take a breath,
And even sometimes two,
But never shift your eyes from the peak,
He wouldn't want you to.

We are doing a great work,
We surely can't come down.
I'm sorry, I've run out of time,
I'll end this, proselyting bound!

Vi Voglio Bene
In fatti un Mondo di ciò,
E vi lascio con queste parole,
Vive il Redentore, Io So!

Alla prossima!

Anziano Toronto II 🇮🇹

No comments:

Post a Comment